Sunday, March 16, 2008

A beautiful day for a ride!

I got out for an hour long ride on the 'cross bike this morning, and it was great! I'm feeling pretty strong for this time of year, mostly thanks to spin classes and roller riding! The roads are mostly clear, with only a bit of ice hanging around in several spots. I rode the 'cross bike with full fenders, and didn't get wet or muddy at all.. sweet! Of course the sun that was out when I started getting ready disappeared shortly before I hit the road, and reappeared when I was ten minutes from home. Ah well!

I took the 'blue' sign win (actual the Town of Perth sign, which is maroon/red rather than blue) although there was no competition! My crazy 48-12 sprint got me up to 45.5 km/hr...smoking! haha..

I realized that Paris to Ancaster is coming up in just over a month, and I'm not sure I'll be ready at this rate! We'll still have snow by then from the looks of it... However, I'm registered, plans are made, and time is booked off work, so I'm going even if I have to crawl across the line!

No comments: